Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring is coming...

Spring is just around the corner. Yesterday when I was out with the dogs I noticed new grass here and there. And we already have the tiny ground hugging wildflowers with their amazing fragrance that perfumes the air around them. I have no idea what they are called, very small and short, they start out a shade of blue then lighten and change to a pinkish color. One would never believe the scent is coming from these tiny little flowers! They are so small they are easily overlooked. In fact, I never used to notice them at all, I smelled them for a long time trying to figure out where the scent was coming from since we had no flowers and it was too far to smell any neighbor's garden. I don't even remember now how I discovered the scent was coming from this little inconspicuous bloom. Maybe I'll try to get a photo to post...

No comments:

Post a Comment